Speech therapy / Audiology
The Department of Speech and Hearing at COSMO Hospital is a unique consortium designed to provide diagnostic, habilitative and rehabilitative services for all communication disorders. We offer assessment, and treatment of disorders of hearing, speech and language. Areas of specialization include disorders of developmental language, neurogenic speech and language disorders like Autism,PDD etc, fluency, voice, articulation/phonology, swallowing, alternative and augmentative communication and hearing loss. Assessment of an individual with a communication disorder involves the use of a wide variety of diagnostic procedures by the speech-language pathologist as well as by medical and/or related professionals. Treatment procedures also vary and may involve group or individual approaches, use of instrumentation for biofeedback or for alternative/augmentative communication, education of family members and/or caregivers, and consultation with other professionals. The clinic provides services to individuals of all ages.
Speech-Language Evaluations: A complete evaluation is conducted and recommendations for treatment are made, along with appropriate referrals. The evaluation typically takes about two hours and involves an interview, testing, clinical observation, and consultation with the family.
Complete diagnostic audiological evaluations are conducted to assess hearing status. If hearing loss is detected, recommendations are made concerning rehabilitative measures that may be of benefit to the individual.
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
Once an evaluation has been completed, an appropriate intervention program is formulated to meet the individual’s needs. This may involve individual or group treatment. Sessions are usually held twice a week for half an hour. Family members may observe or participate in these sessions.
Our facility has state-of-the-art computer equipment to assist in the diagnosis and remediation of a variety of speech disorders, hearing disorders, fluency disorders, traumatic brain injury, and accent reduction.
Assessment and Management of
- Dyslexia (reading and writing disorder)
- Articulation Disorders(unclear speech)
- Delayed Speech and Language
- Cleft lip and palate
- Cerebral Palsy
- Teenage Voice Problems
- Cancer of Larynx
- Hearing assessment of New Born
- Hearing Assessment for Adults
- Hearing Aids
- Cochlear Implant:Pre and Post Implant Counselling and Therapy
- Auditory Verbal Therapy of Hard Of hearing children
For any Medical Query or Online Consultation Contact
- Best child hospital in Chandigarh & Mohali.
- State of the art facility with special emphasis to maternal & child health. Headed by best child doctor & renowned surgeon Dr. Manjit Singh Sekhon.
- 3 pediatric /child ICU for the care of sick patients.
- 24 hours Pharmacy.
- 24 hours Laboratory.
- 24 hours Radiology, X- Ray, Ultra sound.
- Well appointed spacious patient rooms.
- 24 hours canteen service.
- Courteous and extremely competent staff.