Dr Satbir Singh (MBBS, DSM, MIFSM)
Sports Medicine Consultant & Fitness expert
Cosmo Hospital Mohali
Send A Query Or Call Us:-09988895050
The department of Sports Medicine was started in July 2007 by the Cosmo hospital, Mohali. Cosmo is the only hospital in the entire region to have started a n exclusive Sports Medicine department under Dr Satbir Singh, a Sports Medicine consultant and a Fitness expert Sports Medicine consultant and a Fitness expert from National Institute of Sports Patiala.
The department soon took off and got its first major assignment to cover the Premier Hockey League, 2007-2008, by the Indian Hockey Federation at sector 42 Hockey Stadium. It was the biggest tournament of Indian domestic hockey in which players from 7 other countries also played with the various teams. The 21 day tournament was given the live coverage by ESPN.
Dr Satbir simultaneously started working as head Fitness Trainer CLTA, Sector 10, CHD. There Dr Satbir was covering all national and international Tennis tournaments from July 2007 to Feb 2008.
Then we started working at school level also where Dr Satbir trained the senior school cricket team of the prestigious YPS, Mohali which subsequently won a podium finish at IPS meet ( Indian public schools ).
Now the Dept is treating sports injuries of sector 42, Sports complex, sector 46, Sports complex, CLTA, weight lifting center at Kurali, sector 07 sports complex , Punjab university, sector 18 hockey stadium, YMCA, total tennis academy, lake sports complex, Air Force hockey team , to name a few.
About DR. Satbir Singh
Dr Satbir Singh, completed his MBBS from AFMC, PUNE from 1994- 1999.
Then served as the Medical Officer in the AMC( Army Medical Corps) of the Indian army for 5 yrs. Then joined NIS, PATIALA, FOR HIS POSTGRADUATION IN SPORTS MEDICINE, from June 2005 – June 2007. and at the end of the tenure did a Subspecialisation in FITNESS AND CONDITIONING for sports and got a DISTINCTION in that course.
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING PROGRAMS UNDERTAKEN BY DR. SATBIR SINGH
1. Active Participation as Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Delegate in the Silver Jubilee Conference of North Zone Indian Orthopaedic Association held in Patiala from 17th till 19thMarch 2006 – Venue Department of Orthopaedics Government Medical College, Patiala.
2. Short Term Training in the Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiodiagnosis at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh from 1.6.2006 till 30.6.2006.
3. Short Term Training in the Department of Orthopaedics – Active participation in training under Arthroscopic Management of Sports Injuries, and in Sports Injury Clinics at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh from17.72006 till 16.8.2006.
4. AIDS SYMPOSIUM Active participation in AIDS Symposium at Command Hospital, Central Command, Lucknow. DATE: JAN 2003
5. DOPE CONTROL OFFICERS COURSE AT 2’ND ANNUAL NATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDIAN FEDERATION OF SPORTS MEDICINE. 2006
6. Permanent Life Membership Of Indian Federation Of Sports Medicine
7. Health And Fitness Management Course at NSNIS , PATIALA.( DISTINCTION)
• Presently working as the SPORTS MEDICINE CONSULTANT at COSMO HOSPITAL MOHALI and (EX HEAD FITNESS TRAINER AT C.L.T.A CHD) and looking after all sportspersons in various sports comlexes and sporting bodies in the region.
• Provided SPORTS MEDICINE COVER for the P.H.L(PREMIER HOCKEY LEAGUE) 2008 at Chandigarh , Under Aegies of THE INDIAN HOCKEY FEDERATION.
8. OFFICIAL SPORTS MEDICINE CONSULTANT for the ASIAN RANKING TENNIS TOURNAMENT , held at CHANDIGARH LAWN TENNIS ACADEMY from 07 DEC TO 12 JAN 2008. and two other International Tournaments.
9. Presented a GUEST LECTURE CUM PRESENTATION ON ‘TRAINING FOR SPORTS’ at the NATIONAL COACHES CONFERENCE held at CLTA UNDER ALL INDIA TENNIS ASSOCIATION IN DEC 2007.
10. Trained (FITNESS) THE SCHOOL CRICKET TEAM OF Y.P.S SCHOOL, MOHALI before the I.P.S.C MEET where the team won a BRONZE MEDAL.
11. Completed F.I.M.S- EMERGENCY SPORTS MEDICINE COURSE conducted on 5’TH TO 6’TH NOV 2009 at New Delhi by THE INDIAN FEDERATION OF SPORTS MEDICINE in collaboration with M.C.I, S.A.I, I.M.A AND INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF SPORTS MEDICINE.
12. Attended ‘THE SPORTS MEDCON 2009’ an INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON SPORTS MEDICINE IN NEW DELHI ON 06 -08 NOV 2009.
13. SPECIAL AWARDS:
A. Awarded GENERAL BILIMORIA TROPHY FOR BEST OFFICER AT
B. MEDICAL OFFICERS basic course no 155, February
ARTHROSCOPY OF ALL KNEE AND SHOULDER CONDITIONS AND SPINAL ENDOSCOPY , MINIMALLY INVASIVE DISSECTOMY STARTED FROM 2015 AFTER GETTING TRAINED UNDER TOP NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ARTHROSCOPISTS IN STATE OF THE ART CADAVERIC LABS
1. ACL RECONSTRUCTION USING HASTRINGG AND BTB GRAFT BOTH
2. PCL REPAIR
3. MENISCUS REPAIR AND RESECTION
5. OSTEOARTHRITIS AD CARTILADE REPAIR
1. ROTATOR CUFF SINGLE AND DOUBLE ROW
2. BANKART REPAIR
3. SUBACROMIAL DECOMPRESSION
4. SLAP LESION
5. CAPSULOTOMY FOR FROZEN SHOULDER
6. CAPSULOLABRAL REPAIR.
7. ARTHROACOPIC LATARJE
8. SUBSCAPULAR AND SUPRASPINATUS REPAIR.
9. HILL SACHS REMPLISSAGE.
SPINE – DISC: LATEST TECHNIQUE
1. FULL ENDOSCOPIC ( KEYHOLE)SPINAL DISSECTOMY
IN PIVD CASES THE EXTRUDED FRAGMENT IS PULLED OUT UNDER L.A.