Send A Query Or Call Us:-09988895050
|Best child hospital in Chandigarh & Mohali.|
|State of the art facility with special emphasis to maternal & child health.|
|Headed by best child doctor & renowned surgeon Dr. Manjit Singh Sekhon.|
|3 pediatric /child ICU for the care of sick patients.|
|24 hours Pharmacy.|
|24 hours Laboratory.|
|24 hours Radiology, X- Ray, Ultra sound.|
|Well appointed spacious patient rooms.|
|24 hours canteen service.|
|Courteous and extremely competent staff.|
- Treatment of Acne
- Warts–hands, face, soles
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Atopic Dermatitis and other Eczemas
- Pregnancy Dermatosis
- Superficial and deep skin infections – bacterial, fungal
- Cutaneous Tuberculosis
- Intralesional Injections
- Chemical Cautery
- Comedone Extraction
- Milia Removal
- Freckle removal
- Mole Excision
- Skin Tag Removal
- Acne Scars Treatment
- Chemical Peeling
- Nail Surgery
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Punch Grafting
- Laser Hair Removal
- Corn Enucleation
GENERAL SKIN CARE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
The skin is the largest organ in the human body and one of the beautiful things about it is that it shows what is going on inside. The first thing to do for the skin is to make sure that you eat the right foods, drink a lot of water and also, have a good skincare regimen.
Skin type and treatments: There are five general skin types: oily, dry, normal, combination and sensitive. Sensitive skin may be combined with any one of the aforementioned types, especially with dry skin; so always make sure to go for products with the sensitive label.
1. Dry Skin: If your skin tends to have an old appearance, looks ashy or feels tight, then it is considered dry. In more extreme cases, dry skin lacks elasticity and can be extremely sensitive to the sun, wind, and cold temperatures. Since you have dry skin, you have to make sure that you do not expose your skin to extreme weather for long periods of time and always moisturize.
• Treatment: Find a moisturizing bath soap or body wash with natural oils like almond, coconut or olive oil. Any other oil of your choice is ok if you have preference. Weekly treatments are recommended for your skin. Fill a tub with honey, milk and half a cup of any nourishing oil and add boiling hot water to the mix. Wait for it is cool to your desired temperature then soak for as long as you want; the longer the better. For ladies, make sure to exfoliate every other day and always wash your makeup off. Since you have dry skin, exfoliate gently and every two days and moisturize every morning and night before bed. For makeup, make sure to use only the ones with natural products. Such brands like Bare Minerals comes highly recommended. Try their tinted moisturizer collection.
2. Normal Skin: Some consider normal skin to be combination skin, but it is not. If your skin is oily in the "T zone" and your nose while dry and taut on the cheeks, it is considered normal. It's also considered normal if it changes with seasons (dryer in winter, oilier in summer). Normal skins can also be 'Normal-To's' as in normal to oily or normal to dry.
• Treatment: Wash your face with cleansers that are designed for your normal/normal-to skin type. Wipe an alcohol free, hydrating toner all over the face. Apply moisturizer more frequently to dry skin.
3. Combination Skin: Combination skin is comprised of two extreme skin types on one face. These situations occur when there is acne and a lot of oil in one area when the rest of the skin is generally dry (no oil). Two common examples are dry skin with papular and pustular acne on the cheeks or a normal skin with inflamed papular and pustular acne in the chin and mouth area.
• Treatment: Tend to each area appropriately as described above. If the acne is severe, consult a dermatologist or esthetician.
4. Sensitive Skin: Please note that you may have sensitive skin and normal, oily, or dry. If your skin has allergic reactions to beauty products and is usually sensitive to the sun, wind, and cold weather, it is sensitive. Sensitivity can show up in rash, redness, inflammation, acne, and dilated capillaries.
• Treatment: Look for cleansers, toners, makeup, and moisturizers that are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. Cleanse, tone and moisturize with gentle products everyday. The idea for your skin is to always choose products with a soothing benefit. Some common ingredients to look for are: chamomile, azulene, bisabolol, allantoin, lavender, camphor, calamine, rosemary, thyme, aloe vera, coconut oil etc.
General skin care for all skin types
1. Prevent sun damage: Sunscreen is the real fountain of youth. Get into the habit of applying sunscreen or a lotion with minimum SPF 15 to 30 protection daily. Remember that the sun's rays can still be damaging in winter months as it reflects off snow. If you don't like taking the time to put on both moisturizer and sunscreen, buy a moisturizer with sunscreen.
2. Wash your face in the morning and in the evening: This is a vital step and you must remember to do this. Use a facial cleanser to wash your face with and a flannel or a sponge. Washing your face with a cleanser helps you get rid of any spots.
3. Exfoliate: WikiHow contains detailed guides on facial preparations, masks and scrubs. Never use walnut shells as they will cause micro tears. Avoid plastic microbeads as they pollute the environment and bioaccumulate up the food chain to fish. Experiment to discover what works for you.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Quit smoking. Few common items age the skin as effectively as tobacco. Eat a healthy diet which includes many fruits and vegetables. Reduce stress when possible. Use a moisturizer. Using one will replace the moisture and natural minerals that you have washed away when washing your face.
5. Drink plenty of water: This will keep you hydrated. If you don't, your body will suck out the moisture from your skin and give it to your body. This will dry out your skin and may cause spots and encourage breakouts.
6. Eat plenty of vitamin C enriched foods: For example, strawberries, bananas, and other common fruits are high in vitamins E, D and C.
7. Make sure you get a lot of exercise in the week: Make sure you sweat every now and then
8. Get enough sleep: Teenagers need around 8-10 hours and adults usually need around 8 hours of sleep. Not getting enough sleep will make you feel tired throughout the day and will also give you bags under your eyes which won't make it a healthy looking skin.
9. Reconsider your makeup routine: Although it looks as if your skin is healthy, makeup can give you spots and can encourage a load of breakouts. Make sure the make-up you use is formulated to avoid clogging pores.
10. Remove makeup before you go to bed: Sleeping with your makeup still on leads to bacteria build up, breakouts, and enlarged pores. If you are feeling lazy, makeup removal wipes will do the job just fine. Have a bag of makeup removal wipes on your bed table if you feel like you are going forget.
11. Sanitize your tools: Wash your makeup brushes daily with lukewarm water and baby shampoo and softly towel dry with a clean piece of cloth. You can also sanitize afterwards by spraying rubbing alcohol on your clean brushes. You can find small spray bottles at the dollar store.